Sunday 1 June 2014

Countdown to thirty

On Friday the 13th June I turn 30 years old.

Two weeks ago I gave my work my four weeks notice. I'm going through quite big life changes at the moment. I've had a wobble or two, mostly about the quitting of my pharmacy job. Several questions have been running through my head...
Is this the right thing to do?
Am I being totally reckless leaving a job in this day and age?
What will my family think? 
Have I just wasted 4 years of my life in a job that hasn't taken me very far? Oh lordy. 

I've realised the last few weeks that the only thing that's been holding me back is myself. It feels absolutely liberating to have finally admitted to myself that I wasn't happy and things needed to change. 

I still haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do but I feel like there are many possibilities. My number one priority is my daughter, I don't want to upset her routine. She's staying in nursery for the two days I would be working so I can, dare I say this, have a bit of time to myself to figure things out. 

My last working day is the 11th June. Pretty good birthday present I'd say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment