Friday 1 August 2014

Goodbye Old Me

Back in May after much deliberation I resigned from my job as a Dispensing Assistant for a rather large health and beauty company. I'll be honest the pay was terrible, my development had taken a back seat since the baby and it was above all, stressful. I went back three days a week after my maternity leave, I managed nearly a year of working those days and hours. Then with talk of cut backs I offered to drop a day from my hours in February this year. But to be honest, it was the beginning of the end. I enjoyed being at home more than being at work. My health was suffering. Being on your feet all day, standing on a concrete floor for seven and a half hours, is not good. Aside from the bad back, aching feet, I just felt exhausted all the time after working. Some weeks it'd take me a whole day to feel normal. And you can't go back to bed when you have a toddler to look after! On top of that I was losing weight due to IBS, sometimes triggered by too much dairy or spicy/strong foods. But often it was because of stress from my job, forcing myself to do something that deep down I was not enjoying. I felt like shit.

I did a couple of sessions at the gym a while back, my partner had gym membership and took me on his "bring a friend friday" session. I was quite nervous,  I was worried about how I looked, if people would look at me whilst I was all sweaty. I felt quite vulnerable but I ended up enjoying it. The endorphins were flowing. I went back to few more times after I left work and now we have a gym membership together, which is great. It's two mornings a week where we get to spend some quality time doing something we both enjoy, together. And I can take the toddler swimming for free whenever I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment